The small merchants that participate on this site are working hard to earn your business and are reaching out to you to make it easy to support them.
Before you spend your hard-earned money with a one-size-fits-all big box store, consider the little guy in your community that could offer you better value and customer service - and give them a chance to earn your business.
Want to learn more about shopping locally and see what's going on in other communities?
Small businesses are the heart of our economy and continue to drive the 'real economy'.
Here are some statistics about small business you may or may not know:
- They employ just over half of the country’s private sector workforce
- Just two percent of small businesses are franchises
- Generate a majority of the innovations that come from United States companies
Source: U.S. Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy, September 2009
Because local independent businesses generally keep more of the money spent with them within the community than corporate chains (45% for independent vs. 15% for chains), shopping with local businesses leads to a stronger local economy.
This benefits everyone in the community as strong local economies provide greater access to opportunities and also more funding for local initiatives like parks and recreation, services and infrastructure, health and education.
By informing local shoppers about the
choices available to them, as well as the hidden benefits of shopping
locally, ShopLambtonShores.com aims to influence residents to spend more of
their money locally instead of sending their dollars outside of the
community where it will benefit someone else's area instead of our own.
What You Can Do
There are several easy steps you can take to help us build up the community and support local businesses:
- Use ShopLambtonShores.com as often as possible to learn what's available locally.
- Make informed purchases and consider the total impact of your spending, not just the price you pay.
- Encourage great local business owners to keep going by posting reviews on their profile pages.
- When available, buy our local gift certificates instead of plastic gift cards from big box stores.
- Frequent locally-owned restaurants instead of the national chains.
We can always use more help spreading the word, and we greatly appreciate those who help convey the message.
Thanks for taking the time to read about ShopLambtonShores.com. We are passionate about building up Lambton Shores, and love to connect with like-minded individuals.